Have you heard of False dementia before? What does it mean? What are the reasons for its appearance? How to recognize it? But how to treat it? What are the similarities between this disease and normal dementia? All this and many more will be covered in detail in the following lines.
The concept of false dementia
This concept is generally referred to for certain symptoms that are in part similar to those of dementia, but the emergence of these symptoms has nothing to do with the dementia itself or any other neurological symptom related to it.
But in most cases, the real reason behind these symptoms is said to be the patient’s exposure to psychological issues such as depression, health issues, or cognitive impairment. Because the symptoms are present, but not the dementia, they are called symptoms False dementia.
The main causes of false dementia
Depression is the most common cause of pseudomembranous dementia, as depression represents occasional problems with understanding and understanding, and is more severe in older people, causing symptoms that closely mimic the symptoms of true dementia. and there are several other causes of pseudomembranous dementia as well. WhoseExposure to mental illness, Such as: The onset of schizophrenia.إقرأ أيضا:قضية شرف
Causes of depression
Since depression is above the common causes that lead to dementia pseudomembranous disease, we address the following reasons for depression that leads to it:
- Family history.
- TypeWomen are more prone to depression.
- AgeIt has been shown to be the most prone to dementia in the middle ages and in the elderly.
- Exposure of the person to difficult living conditions, Such asLow standard of living, divorce.
Symptoms related to depression (the main cause of dementia is false):
As we know, pseudogout of dementia is mainly caused by depression. So, in the following, we look at the symptoms related to depression, which contribute to the early detection of the disease:
- Sleep problems, in the form of excessive sleep or insomnia.
- Change in appetite, such as loss of appetite or binge eating.
- General fatigue and feeling of lack of energy.
- Social isolation.
- Lack of passion for activities.
- Feeling of constant sadness.
- Thoughts that invite a person to commit suicide.
Symptoms specific to insipid dementia
The following is an explanation of the most basic symptoms that appear in a person with pseudomembranous disease of dementia, which closely resemble the symptoms of true dementia:إقرأ أيضا:What is among us and why is it so popular in 2020?
- Difficulty completing too many tasks completely.
- Difficulty with language and speech, Such asSlow to speak.
- Memory problems, Such asForgetting certain memories, or completely amnesia.
- Decreased attention and concentration.
- Dealing with difficult areas of life related to disorganization and planning.
- Difficulty controlling emotions.
The difference between real and false dementia
In this section, we explain the basic differences between each of the two diseases:
- Response to treatmentIt is noted that a person with pseudo-dementia resulting from depression improves with treatment in most cases, unlike true dementia.
- Cognitive problemsWhere it is found that the person with pseudo-pseudomembranous dementia is able to perform psychological and neurological activities with different capacities, despite equal activities in terms of degree of difficulty.
- The nature of memory lossIt should be noted that in dementia pseudomembranous dementia, the patient experiences amnesia equal to both recent and old memories, while the person with actual dementia will have lost only recent memories.
- How to answer questions: Most of the injured answer questions With(I don’t know) in the case of pseudogout of dementia.
The reason for these differences is that pseudogout dementia does not cause nerve damage to the brain, and unlike true dementia, it damages brain cells.إقرأ أيضا:10 remastered films that proved to be better than the original
Diagnosis of false dementia
Diagnosing dementia tasteless is often a complex process. Due to some of the factors listed below:
- Difficulty distinguishing between symptoms that result from a person’s exposure to dementia or depression and symptoms that appear due to old age or changes in brain cells.
- The patient can have both false and true dementia.
- Symptoms of true dementia and depression can be similar, especially in older people.
- Considering pseudo-gout dementia is just a concept – no more – called dementia-like symptoms, occurring as a result of depression, so there is no known test for pseudomembranous dementia.
- Experts differ in defining pseudomembranous dementia, and viewing it as the result of depressive images in general, which leads to it being classified incorrectly.
Treating dementia pseudogout
Often times, a person with pseudomembranous dementia improves when effectively treated for depression, in addition to improving the patient’s mood, and in many cases it is possible for the patient to regain consciousness of the symptoms. things as it was before, and rely on treating pseudo-dementia with antidepressants, Such as: psychotherapy.
Personal therapy and behavioral therapy are the most effective types of depression treatment. And the symptoms of false dementia, because behavior therapy includes modifying the patient’s behavior and thinking, which helps to improve the patient’s mood, and the personal treatment highlights the discovery of the patient’s relationships and the the extent to which they affect his feelings of depression.
Read alsoGerontology and its most important theories
With this we learned the most important points With false dementia, Which requires a conscious understanding of one’s illnesses, and being calm in the face of their accusations and forgetting them, while avoiding their argument with logic, in addition to the need to provide an environment that ripples with calm and peace of mind, in order to help them recover quickly.
8 WAYS TO HANDLE DEMENTIA FALSE CHARGES
Witness too …
Six things a woman does that cause her depression
History of autism in children and common mistakes about it